2008/12/07

Hurray! Holiday Break!

Photobucket

HURRAY! My holiday has finally arrived! We are going to Kuala Lumpur (my hubby's hometown) for a few days, and then moving north to Penang (my hometown). It is really a long break for me. I will be back to Singapore on 1 Jan 2009. Eat and sleep, sleep and eat....What kind of holiday can be better than this? Hahaha! I will disappear from this blog for a couple of days. Thank you so much for your support. Even on holiday, I will try to update my blog once I can get hold of a PC. Remember to drop by and check it out!

Before I end, let me share with you a song titled "Balik kampung" sung by the late Sudirman (a famous Malaysian singer). This song is about the excitement of a guy on his way back to his hometown. This is one of my favourite Malay songs. I love to sing this song (esp the chorus) whenever I am packing my luggage back home. When is your holiday coming? Busy packing too? Let sit back and enjoy this song.



Perjalanan jauh tak ku rasa
Kerna hati ku melonjak sama
Ingin berjumpa sanak saudara
Yang selalu bermain di mata

Nun menghijau gunung ladang dan rimba
Langit nan tinggi bertambah birunya
Deru angin turut sama berlagu
Semuanya bagaikan turut gembira

Balik kampung oh oh...( 3X )
Hati girang
Ho ho...
Balik kampung (3X)
Hati girang

Terbayang wajah-wajah yang ku sayang
Satu-satu tersemat di kalbu
Pasti terubat rindu di hati
Menyambut kepulangan ku nanti


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wahhh.. balik kampung!!! So excited!! Looks like a long break!! I will miss reading your posts!!
Anyway, have a good break!! Eat as much as you can! yummm..
What do you plan to eat in Penang? ehehehhe

Piggy said...

wow, that's a looong holiday! Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Have a great holiday!
Nothing beats mother's cooking. Seriously.

shavedicesundays said...

Have a happy and safe trip. I know how exciting it is, a nice change from the too familiar is always wonderful. Happy Holidays to you too. Been trying to get everything done for Christmas but time is running out.

Bits said...

Hey! Welcome back my friend... eat...sleep...sleep & eat... what a heavenly trip! Have a fruitful trip! Nice song, my favourite too.... haha....

Selba said...

Have a great time in Malaysia! Don't forget to snap the beautiful food pictures there :)

CY said...

Hey FFT

I remember the car trips we used to make every school holidays to visit my Gong & Po in KL, and then up to Ipoh to visit my Grandpa & Grandma... thank goodness for the new highway system! It used to take us 6 hours from Woodlands check point to KL and along the way have to try and over take lorries and avoid speeding motorbikes! Now you have to watch out for Kancil flashing behind you while tailgating!

Gosh those were good times! Have a safe trip and look forward to your next post!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Cheers
CY

Dora said...

Ha ha! Funny captions! Enjoy ur holidays! Merry X'mas and a happy new year!

homeladychef said...

Aiyoh! You can still find this song!! Hahaha! It sounds so familiar to me. the sleep & eat part also sounds familiar! =) I will be going back again during Christmas to visit my parents too. Anyway, wish you a happy journey back home!

New Kid on the Blog said...

hey, have a safe journey and a pleasant holiday.

Pearl said...

LOL

Penang Tua Pui said...

home sweet home.....

drop us a line when u reach Penang... may be we can meet up to get great food of PEnang....

Food For Tots said...

Hi Everyone,
Tks for your kind comments. Finally I am in Penang enjoying the "eat and sleep, sleep and eat" lifestyle now. Hahahaha!

Hi My Cooking Hut,
My first choice will be all the authentic Penang hawker food ie Penang mee goreng, choo cheong Fun, asam laksa, kuih-kuih etc......Hehehe!

Hi Penang Tua Pui,
Will try to arrange one. Tks for dropping by. ;)

Pam said...

Have a fun and safe holiday!

Food For Tots said...

Hi Pam,
Tks!!! ;)