2008/07/08

Simplified "Kwai Fa Chee" (桂花翅)

Photobucket

I saw a recipe from a cooking magazine on how to cook the real fried sharkfin. Long list of ingredients and complicated steps. Too difficult for me to "digest" as a beginner in cooking. Hence, with some tips from my mom, I had derived at my own simple version of "kwai fa chee". This is also a dish that I managed to "convince" my son to start eating cabbage.

Ingredients:
200g cabbage (shredded finely)
40g carrot (shredded finely)
60g vegetarian chicken (shredded finely) - You can subsitute it with chicken, pork, ham or crabmeat
20g glass noodle (粉丝) - soaked till softened, pressed dry and cut into 6-7cm long sections
2 eggs (lightly beaten)

Seasonings:
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
½ tsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
Dash of pepper

Methods:
1. Heat up wok with 1 tbsp oil.
2. Add in vegetarian chicken to stir fry. Then add in carrot and 3 tbsp water. Stir fry with high heat.
3. Add in seasoning and cabbage. Quickly mix well with a pair of long chopsticks until the cabbage shrink. (Cabbage will produce water so do not add too much water)
4. Stir in glass noodle.
5. Reduce heat to medium and add in beaten eggs. Stir-fry until cooked. Dish up and serve.

No comments: